Total Ascent Values Exaggerated by 50% [Bug 29]

Discussion related to the Garmin GPSMAP 67 series GPSr
Przekątny

Re: Total Ascent Values Exaggerated by 50% [Bug 29]

Unread post by Przekątny »

RunnerAndrew wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 9:28 pm Something I have found is that if I open up my gpx track recording in Basecamp software and delete a single track please point anywhere within the track and then refresh the data that the ascent and descent information of it had been vastly to high will correct itself to a much more accurate figure with the simple removal of any single point.
If you want to check the highs and lows in Base Camp based on the data recorded by the receiver (without statistics), select the starting and ending points on the elevation graph screen,
the converted values of the highs and lows of the screen will be displayed in the lower corner.
Przekątny

Unread post by Przekątny »

The method of deleting an entry in the options and properties of the track has been known to me for a long time,
you can check on the height chart whether it is necessary to delete the entry to force recalculation.
If the rise and fall data read from the height chart have different values, deleting the entry will be advisable.
Nail

Unread post by Nail »

I have a question, what does the calibrated altimeter in your receivers look like? I set the calibration once, calibrate my altitude to 0m and turn GPSMAP off. I understand that after restarting my altitude should adjust to the GPS altitude? In my case nothing changes, it is still 0m. In what case will the altitude change?
Spoiler
16054.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GPSMAP 67, GPSMAP 66sr
JungleJim

Unread post by JungleJim »

According to the manual when Auto Calibration is set to Once, the altimeter calibrates at the start of activity recording. But I guess if you have Recording > Auto Start set to On it will start recording automatically after powering on and having a satellite connection, resulting in calibration shortly after having turned on the unit.

This Garmin support article explains more about the Auto Calibration options.
Current: GPSMAP 67, Edge 1040, inReach Messenger - Previous: GPSMAP 66sr, Oregon 700, Dakota 20, Edge 1030 Plus, Edge 1030, Edge 520 Plus, Edge 520
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Unread post by GPSrChive »

Start recording a track.
Nail

Unread post by Nail »

GPSrChive wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 5:30 pm Start recording a track.
Does not work, altitud does not calibrate.
The saved track also has an uncalibrated altitud
Spoiler
Elevation.jpg
Spoiler
track.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GPSMAP 67, GPSMAP 66sr
luvvinbird

Unread post by luvvinbird »

I've contacted Garmin several times in the past concerning various issues with some of my devices. I also took the opportunity to mention this forum and they acknowledged it's existance. So, after almost five months of continual, exhausting (and frustrating) discussion and concern for many, I wonder why they have yet to make a comment about bug 29. Is it a bug? Is it a set-up error? is it intentional? Are they working on it? C'mon Garmin Support. Speak up!
Nail

Unread post by Nail »

I still have a 66sr, also not receiving altitude calibration.
I have fully reset the device and there is no altitude calibration with factory settings.
I have a request, set your receivers to the wrong height and see if it will be calibrated?
GPSMAP 67, GPSMAP 66sr
Backstreetbob

Unread post by Backstreetbob »

Did a mountain walk yesterday with majority up hill and about 30% on the flat. The Ascent and Descent behaved finally as it should and was within a few feet of my epix for both. But again I turned it on 30 minutes before I started the walk and it seems to not be as bad. But you shouldn't have to turn it for a long length of time before a walk for it to work properly!

Return to “GPSMAP 67”