Toggle Button wear

Discussion related to the Garmin GPSMAP 67 series GPSr
RickN55

Re: Toggle Button wear

Unread post by RickN55 »

Excellent service by Garmin, new 67 arrived today all sealed, just setting up, glass screen protector and case on and I'm good to go. Can't fault Garmin, I know some of their products have their flaws but they're a fantastic company at replacing items if there's an issue.

Fingers crossed this one doesn't wear.
GPSMAP 67, GPSMAP 65s (sold), GPSMAP 64s (sold), GPSMAP 62s, GPSMAP 60CSx, Edge 1040, Fenix 6x Pro (sold), Epix Gen2 Pro Sapphire 51mm.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Unread post by GPSrChive »

We will be watching this thread for future updates as we have four GPSMAP 67 devices, some more than a year old, and none of them are exhibiting any surface wear issues.
RickN55

Unread post by RickN55 »

GPSrChive wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:16 pm We will be watching this thread for future updates as we have four GPSMAP 67 devices, some more than a year old, and none of them are exhibiting any surface wear issues.
Four? How come so many? Tbh it was maybe me being petty seeing the edge of the toggle started to wear but for a unit that cost me nearly £500 and only having had it a few months I got in touch as I wasn't happy. But can't fault Garmin, they're service is 2nd to none from start to finish when exchanging. Anyone exchanging take no notice when the exchange email says you're getting a reconditioned unit they send out brand new sealed units which when you turn them on the position of the GPS is still in TAIWAN.

I also sent my 65s off as part of the button went abit funny on where you could see the light thru the black, they exchanged it again free of charge. So got two brand new devices from them on Exchange.
GPSMAP 67, GPSMAP 65s (sold), GPSMAP 64s (sold), GPSMAP 62s, GPSMAP 60CSx, Edge 1040, Fenix 6x Pro (sold), Epix Gen2 Pro Sapphire 51mm.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Unread post by GPSrChive »

RickN55 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:03 pm Four? How come so many?
Two 67, two 67i, and nobody here likes to share.

RickN55 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:03 pm Tbh it was maybe me being petty seeing the edge of the toggle started to wear
No pettiness there...

RickN55 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:03 pm Anyone exchanging take no notice when the exchange email says you're getting a reconditioned unit they send out brand new sealed units which when you turn them on the position of the GPS is still in TAIWAN.
Garmin 'Reconditioned' units are indiscernible from 'Factory New' units.
RickN55

Unread post by RickN55 »

On the chat they re assured me it's a brand new sealed unit they send out now and to take no notice about the re conditioned part as they haven't updated the generic text.

Can tell it was brand new as it was about 4.7 out the box and last GPS location was in Taiwan. The same as other units I've bought brand new.
RickN55

Unread post by RickN55 »

Just checked the wording on my last two exchanges and they had updated the text and it doesn't say re certified device.

It was my Garmin Varia earlier this year that said recertified device in the email text but they assured me it was new.
neilwoody

Unread post by neilwoody »

I wonder if carefully applied clear nail polish would preserve the button labels. I have read that this trick has worked on often used automotive steering wheel labels.
RickN55

Unread post by RickN55 »

I've also read that, but not willing to try as I can imagine it would look awful as it would be hard to get a smooth finish and can imagine it would start to peel which would take the finish off anyway.

Return to “GPSMAP 67”