Some geocache problems

Discussion related to the Garmin GPSMAP 67 series GPSr
montschok

Re: Some geocache problems

Unread post by montschok »

GPSrChive wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 3:43 am
montschok wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 6:04 pm I gave up trying to use the built in geocaching functions. I'm downloading the GPX files for PQ:s and lists and adding them to a microsd card manually.
Not as convenient, but very reliable!
To be fair, not having to reset the device 10 times a day does add up on the convenience factor after a while.
MikeD

Unread post by MikeD »

On 1st August GSB asked for the detail of my FAILED testing of the Over the Air loading of PQ's
The following was sent to Garmin Support, : -
"So today I have tried number of ways to get a pocket query from my geocaching account “ Over the Air”
Sadly I have not been successful.
Before doing this testing session I did a factory/hard reset of the device
I re-registered the device with Garmin and set up Wi-Fi with my home router and verified it through Garmin connect. I use an iPhone
First Attempt
I turned on the Wi-Fi then went to device main menu > chose geocaching>at the listing screen, pressed menu> selected Geocaching set up> then selected geocaching live> then selected geocaching lists>
after pressing enter the device crashed and restarted itself to start its position
I did this several times,
having tried numerous methods in the past week or so I when went through the same process but chose to down load live caches in my area. It did this successfully and I subsequently deleted the downloaded caches.
I found in previous testing that if I did this then when I went back to the point where you chose geocaching lists it would allow you to go to the next stage.
As before it allowed me to go to the next stage . It did allow me to move on to the “ geocaching lists”
the results of testing at this point and selecting “ geocaching lists” and entering were
1. the device crashed when you selected lists
2. another time it allowed me to select a PQ from the list, then went to download, said it was downloading and then I got a message “download failed”. I then went back to the list it showed that 24% had been downloaded . I left it a while, the percentage rose to 56% and the unit froze at this point.
3. I have just run the test again and it crashed as per line one above

So it is impossible for PQ to be downloaded OTR to this device despite best endeavours.

As I said previously if I add PQ to the internal memory or a memory card then the geocaching function works fine
you said that you had not come across this error before but if I refer to the GPsRrchive website and its forum for the 67 device it does seem that somewhere crashing has been reported to your good selves when using PQ downloading procedure
I hope to hear from concerning a fix for this problem"
Garmin replied:
"Thank you for the reply.

The information you have provided will be helpful for the investigation that has been created.

This will be looked into and you will be notified once there has been an update to the ticket that was created. "
This was 1st August
We will see, maybe
SP3Q

Unread post by SP3Q »

Do you have any update?

Return to “GPSMAP 67”