New GPS handheld?

Discussion related to the Garmin GPSMAP 67 series GPSr
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Re: New GPS handheld?

Unread post by GPSrChive »

Excellent point about the 67 battery life expectancy. For a heavy user (8 hours per day, 7 days per week, 52 weeks per year), it would take tmore than 30 years to put 500 charge cycles on it.
RickN55

Re: New GPS handheld?

Unread post by RickN55 »

GPSrChive wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:38 pm Excellent point about the 67 battery life expectancy. For a heavy user (8 hours per day, 7 days per week, 52 weeks per year), it would take more than 30 years to put 500 charge cycles on it.
I've had mine since July, I've charged it to full when I first got it, it was on 75% when I got it new, and I've charged it once since a few weeks back as I let it go down to just over 30% and charged it to the top. Been used a fair bit in that time on my trips away which consisted of a lot of hiking and I always "mark" the places I go so I can look back on the map and see where I''ve been and what date and time. But now the summer is over in the UK, it spends most of it's time in the Garmin carry case stores away safely.

It's not the sort of thing you turn on every day and play with only gets used when going on a hike etc which isn't everyday. :lol:
GPSMAP 67, GPSMAP 65s (sold), GPSMAP 64s (sold), GPSMAP 62s, GPSMAP 60CSx, Edge 1040, Fenix 6x Pro (sold), Epix Gen2 Pro Sapphire 51mm.

Return to “GPSMAP 67”